[ale] Miro and My Audio Problems

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:10:32 EDT 2009

Hi Folks,

I'm running Fedora 11 x86_64 and I recently installed Miro 2.0.5-3. Now I
normally have video and audio issues right out of the box because I don't
have all the packages needed. I stumbled upon a quick fix one day while
running Fedora 10. I installed mythtv and it seemed to have installed all
the video and audio support I needed.  So; this time I did a "yum-depbuild
mythtv" which installed all the dependent packages and not the main package.

Well; I can play video just fine in Miro, but I can't hear the audio. It
works fine while playing a OGV file, but it doesn't with M4V and MP4 files.
Which packages am I missing?  Thanks.

--
Marc Ferguson

www.fergytech.com
www.digitalalias.net

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"