[ale] [Fwd: Microsoft can't sell `Word' in US]

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 12 22:37:01 EDT 2009

On Thursday 13 August 2009 12:25:02 am Justin Caratzas wrote:

> MS is just going to cut a check, which is a miniscule % of what they
> bring in each year.  Just the cost of doing business.

That seems doubtful, IMO, especially since this isn't a "pay your fine and be
a good boy" situation. They're kind of shut down for a while until they get
this overturned.

As I think someone else pointed out, my concern is more how this could impact
OpenOffice.

BTW, I had to chuckle when I read the plaintiff's name (i4i). How do /you/
spell revenge?

> Justin

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only
temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
 -- Mahatma Gandhi