[ale] ick - big brother alert

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 12 14:07:41 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 1:10:24 pm Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Actually your first post in this thread was quite clear.  You stated:
>
>             "So of all the technologies presented, the "better spying"
> option was
>              more appealing than the "better content" and "better
> delivery" options."
>
> My reply to that was simply that you were mis-understanding the
> article which quite clearly states that the PrimeSense product didn't
> triumph over the other products in any category, but rather only won
> in an informal poll about "best new product idea".   Nothing in the
> article suggests that anyone perceived PrimeSense to be more appealing
> than content or delivery offerings.   That last bit was totally made
> up by you Tim Watts.

Well, the article seems to suggest that they "triumphed" informally over the
others in the category of "best new product idea". And that's all I was
addressing. I fail to see how my statement suggests that PrimeSource was
chosen as a more appealing company/technology overall. Well, maybe I need to
clarify my original statement:

"So of all the technologies presented *for best new product idea*, the "better
spying" option was more appealing than the "better content" and "better
delivery" options."

I omitted that in the original post because the article only talked about
ranking related to this category. So it would be silly to try to talk about it
in any broader sense. Do we agree? Sorry for any confusion.