[ale] ick - big brother alert

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:10:24 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 12:17, Tim Watts<timtw at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 August 2009 11:52:12 am Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> >From the article:
>>
>>            PrimeSense: Winner of the informal best new product vote idea
>>
>> NOTE: the provided article (as flimsy as it is) didn't say that
>> PrimeSense was worthy of anything, nor did the article say that
>> PrimeSense was an American Ideal, nor that they represented new
>> technology.   All it says is that they won a "best new product" (new
>> to CableLab's Innovation Showcase) and that's it.   No black helios to
>> get your panties in knots over, unless of course that is your thing.
>> ;-)
>>

> And I didn't say the article was saying any of that either. I was making a
> personal observation that I found their choice disturbing. You don't agree
> with that viewpoint. Nuff said.

Actually your first post in this thread was quite clear.  You stated:

            "So of all the technologies presented, the "better spying"
option was
             more appealing than the "better content" and "better
delivery" options."

My reply to that was simply that you were mis-understanding the
article which quite clearly states that the PrimeSense product didn't
triumph over the other products in any category, but rather only won
in an informal poll about "best new product idea".   Nothing in the
article suggests that anyone perceived PrimeSense to be more appealing
than content or delivery offerings.   That last bit was totally made
up by you Tim Watts.

-Jim P.