[ale] Local printers not supported

drifter drifter at oppositelock.org
Wed Aug 12 11:57:30 EDT 2009

Michael,
I have been out of the country, but it looks like so one answered your
question.  I have fought similar problems on Ubuntu and in every case it was a
permissions problem.  I would try starting the printer setup program with a
sudo command.  (Having written that, I must admit I have no idea what the name
of such a program might be. :)  )  I have spent most of my Linux life under
the Red Hat and only recently have begun messing around with Ubuntu -- on a
netbook.

Sean