[ale] ick - big brother alert

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 11:52:12 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 10:54, Tim Watts<timtw at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Well, my only inference was to broadly categorize the technologies presented.
> That's admittedly subjective but I think I was pretty fair and conservative in
> doing that. You seem to be saying they selected the spying option because it
> wasn't a re-hash like the others. That's your inference -- which may be
> correct. I'm no expert so I'm simply going by the words in the article... :-)
>
> (BTW, the article didn't make this clear but the thermal imaging camera on an
> STB is not a new idea. But adding logic to sense 3D relationships on a 2D
> surface is -- at least in this arena.)

>From the article:

           PrimeSense: Winner of the informal best new product vote idea

NOTE: the provided article (as flimsy as it is) didn't say that
PrimeSense was worthy of anything, nor did the article say that
PrimeSense was an American Ideal, nor that they represented new
technology.   All it says is that they won a "best new product" (new
to CableLab's Innovation Showcase) and that's it.   No black helios to
get your panties in knots over, unless of course that is your thing.
;-)

-Jim P.