[ale] Clear as ISP for Linux users?

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Wed Aug 12 00:46:58 EDT 2009

Hello,

Have a friend that signed up for Clear.  They provided a USB dongle for
access, which has a Beceem chipset (not entirely sure which one, though it
looks like there aren't many to choose from).  Looking around, I see that
there is a WiMax stack for the Linux kernel, and a driver for some Intel
on-board device being used in laptop computers, but I haven't found any
information about Beceem devices under Linux.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about it, or would know
where to begin trying; I'm not finding much.

 	--- Mike