[ale] Question about scripting...

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Mon Aug 10 09:49:14 EDT 2009

As Geoffrey says, there's no existing way to do this, although some folks
are working on something called "UPL" which seems, well, overly-complicated
to me: http://wiki.tcl.tk/13292

What you can do, though, is write scripts in different languages and then
use a Bash script to glue them all together:

--- File hello.py
#!/usr/bin/python
print "Hello"

--- File commaSpace.tcl
#!/usr/bin/tclsh
echo ", "

-- File world.sh
#!/bin/bash
echo "world!"

-- Main script:
#!/bin/bash
# Note: The Bash syntax $(command) runs "command" and captures the output.

HELLO=$(hello.py)
CS=$(commaSpace.tcl)
WORLD=$(world.sh)

echo ${HELLO}${CS}${WORLD}