[ale] gnome desktop: icon size control

Mon Aug 10 00:58:18 EDT 2009

For edge-tasks, I highly recommend TinyXP instead of XP. It's not
legally licensed on default intall, although iyou can make some edits
to insert a serial number you own into it.

There are so many people buying machines and removing windows, or
thrshing old XP machine that I would imagine you could get a legal
license for free if you ask around.

I just love having a 1GB XP install instead of the 13GB build that my
company gave me originally. The only thing I use it for is running the
one windows app I need, ironically, VMware Infrastructure Client. (I
need VMware to run windows to run a VMware interface to manage the VMs
that run our Linux servers. I didn't design it - don't want to hear
what's better.)

On 8/9/09, Tim Watts <timtw at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 09 August 2009 9:31:36 am Mike Harrison wrote:
>> Worst case: WinXP in vmware or another emulator..
>>
> Yep. Only problem there is I don't have a copy of XP to offer her and WILL
> NOT
> be buying one. Is Vista in vmware a realistic possibility? I was able to get
> my copy of OEM XP to run under vmware a while back.

> Fine words and an insinuating appearance are seldom associated with true
> virtue.
>  -- Confucius

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.