[ale] Comcast adopts DNS hijacking, cashes in on bad URLs

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Fri Aug 7 13:35:26 EDT 2009

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009, Rev. Johnny Healey wrote:

> Luckily, the hijacking only happens during the rare times when
> comcast's DNS servers are working.  I feel bad that most users don't
> know how to point their DNS requests elsewhere.

I haven't used their DNS servers in quite some time.  That said, when they
announced it some time ago on Twitter, they were treating it like it was
amazing.  I was talking with one of their employees about it and she said,
"Well, you can opt-out," and that was her answer to everything.  It seems
that this will become a trend though.

 	--- Mike