[ale] Dead Motherboard?

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:55:35 EDT 2009

>From your reply it is not clear if you are talking about the car battery or
the motherboard battery. I am talking about the CMOS battery (usually a coin
type 3V these days) on the motherboard. If you have cleared the CMOS and you
still get nothing from the motherboard, pull the RAM and see if you get any
beeps. If still nothing (and there is nothing else to unplug from the
motherboard), time for a new motherboard. Next time, disable the DC supply
to the M2 and wait a few minutes before attaching or detaching power from it
to the motherboard. Also follow that proceedure for installing/removing any
add in cards.