[ale] write to stderr via javascript?

Atlanta Geek atlantageek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 13:49:35 EDT 2009

Well Im not an expert on javascript but I think every browser has a
built in javascript console.  A browser generation ago I could see it
with "javascript:" in the location bar.  It seems to stop working in
my firefox 3.x browser.

Anyway the point is is that I think every browser has a built-in
console thus not requiring your users to install a add-on or plugin.
When a problem occurs you can have the the user write to that.

On a side note if you want to get a little more complicated you could
have the javascript make ajax/http calls
back to the server to log errors.

http://www.atlantageek.com