[ale] list pkgs installed since os install?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Aug 6 05:47:41 EDT 2009

On Wed August 5 2009, Tim Watts wrote:
> Anyone know of a way to list all packages installed on a system (Kubuntu
> 8.10) since the OS was installed? It doesn't seem possible to do this based
> on the info apt keeps. Have I missed something?

http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/
What is APTonCD?

APTonCD is a tool with a graphical interface which allows you to create one or
more CDs or DVDs (you choose the type of media) with all of the packages
you've downloaded via APT-GET or APTITUDE, creating a removable repository
that you can use on other computers.
APTonCD will also allow you to automatically create media with all of
your .deb packages located in one especific repository, so that you can
install them into your computers without the need for an internet conection.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800