[ale] Can some one recommend a good blog software

Brian MacLeod nym.bnm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 09:05:03 EDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 8:04 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Simple. Don't allow commentators unless they log in and their account
> is approved by you.

I would add my suggestion for WordPress as well.  It's damn easy and simple
to start, and if you want to complicate it later, you can.

I would also agree with Jim Kinney about the spamming: my blog has
relatively unique keywords that rank it high up when they are searched, and
as such I get a lot of comment spam attempts.  I don't require a full
registration like Jim, but I find that as long as I require an email and
name field to be specified, as well as the setting "Comment author must have
a previously approved comment", I don't have any problems with spam on my
blog either.  Multiple methods for the same result.

Updates do happen often, but are painless unless you altered the actual
WordPress files.  If all you have altered are the themes, no problems.

Brian