[ale] Picking a home paper / photo printer

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Sun Aug 2 22:39:18 EDT 2009

Jim Kinney wrote:
> Lastly, if you need to leave the printer off for a week or so, pull
> the print heads out and put them separately in a zip lock bag with a
> bit of alcohol moistened paper in it.

That sounds like way too much effort :)

I'll stick to my dirt cheap sub-100 dollar Samsung mono laser printer.
I get reams and reams of pages out of a single toner cartridge and I can
leave it sit unused for months and months without worrying about
anything drying up.

For the few times I have to print photos, I can mail order the prints.
They do a better job printing than I would, they're less effort than me
printing them myself, and they cost less than what I'd probably have to
pay for ink.

Pat