[ale] Hosting Services

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:21:36 EDT 2009

Robert Reese~ wrote:
<snipped>
> In my research, I found to stay away from 1and1.  I don't remember why, I just
> remember scratching them off my list since they were in the top selection.
> Whatever it was, it was bad enough for me to remember to stay away.
>
> Anyway, the moral of the story is to do your research and be prepared to walk
> away and try a different hosting outfit.  Either that, or pony up the cash for
> dedicated or virtual server hosting.

I haven't had any bad experiences with 1&1 over the years and currently
have all my domains and hosting through them.  While I'm not running a
business from any (mainly Wordpress blogs), so my stuff is more "hobby"
than anything.

I wish you could remember why you marked 1&1 off.  I would like to know
if I ever wanted to do something more with the domains.

Preston

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/

Where the road takes me - a highwayman's perspective
http://www.prestonboyington.com/