[ale] MythTV InstallFest (dc404)

arxion arxaaron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 11:53:39 EDT 2009

On 2009, Apr, 27, , at 9:20 AM, H P Ladds wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM,  <krwatson at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
>> I can't make June 20 as it's the same day as the DC404 meeting.
>
> DC404 -- I thought that was just a group of geeks and a travel agent.
> They have meetings? Is the meeting all day long? Could you possibly do
> both meetings?
>
> Heck MythTV is hacking -- sorta. Does DC404 have anything planned for
> that meeting yet? Perhaps we could support the DC404 June meeting with
> a MythTV InstallFest? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking two
> separate events one location.

I found out about the existence of the Atlanta dc404 chapter a few
weeks ago at DorkBot. From talking to the organizers I learned that it
is a white hat software hacker group along the lines of InterZ0ne and
2600 that grew out of the annual Vegas DefCon (DC) conference.  I know
they mentioned a Washington DC dc404 chapter as well, but don't recall
if there were others around the country or world -- google is mostly
hitting the Atlanta group page:  < http://dc404.kaos.to/ >

The meetings seem to be casual get togethers - this month's was at
the midtown Vortex lounge on Saturday, April 18th, same day as the
Asterisk install fest, of course.  Was going to try to butterfly
there but got locked into some important conversations at the
Asterisk event.

Keith will hopefully fill in any blank spots from the above...
and can maybe make the suggestion that they move their May 20th
meeting venue to the MythTV install fest!

In any case, another good group to for ALE to connect and share with!
Especially now that we know we already have active ALE members involved
with them!

peace
aaron