[ale] Ubuntu 9.04 & Flash at pandora.com, facebook

Robert Reese~ ale at sixit.com
Mon Apr 27 10:09:11 EDT 2009

>However,
> trying to play a video on facebook returns:  "Video Unavailable.
> This video has been either been removed from" and that's it.  Going
> to http://www.pandora.com brings up the splash screen with a
> progress indicator that says, "We're sorry, but unless you agree to
> share registration information with %s, you will be unable to
> listen to %s." and there it freezes. YouTube seems to work just
> fine.

This sounds more like an authentication/cookie/proxy/referrer problem than a
Flash problem.

(Too bad the dipsticks at Pandora aren't bright enough to figure out how to
deliver their content without Flash.  Heck, you can't even sign up without
Flash... f'ing morons...)

Try installing the Firebug add-on in Firefox to see if you can diagnose the
problem.

Cheers,
Robert~