[ale] Ubuntu 9.04 & Flash at pandora.com, facebook

reggie at busicast.com reggie at busicast.com
Mon Apr 27 09:08:37 EDT 2009

Short:  Help requested re: new Ubuntu 9.04 install, trying to play
pandora.com audio, facebook.com videos (both, I believe, flash);
neither will play.

Longer:  Installed Ubuntu 9.04 on an AMD64 box over the weekend.
Install was flawless, required exactly zero technical info re:
 components, etc from me. Entered the password for my wireless set up
and was off to the races.

As this box is intended to wean my teen away from MS-based system, it
is essential that Facebook, Pandora and YouTube work. However, trying
to play a video on facebook returns:  "Video Unavailable. This video
has been either been removed from" and that's it.  Going to
http://www.pandora.com brings up the splash screen with a progress
indicator that says, "We're sorry, but unless you agree to share
registration information with %s, you will be unable to listen to %s."
and there it freezes. YouTube seems to work just fine.

Have tried with both Firefox & Opera, have uninstalled & reinstalled
Flash.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!