[ale] 1.8" laptop hard drive adapter

aaron aaron at pd.org
Mon Apr 27 02:03:55 EDT 2009

Or some budget solutions if you don't mind saving the gas and
time and waiting on shipping:

A simple 44pin IDE to 2.5" drive adapter for $3 (+ship):

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ADP2535S-BULK&cat=CCD

They also have these IDE<->USB adapters:
"This Hi-Speed USB interface provides for easy installation
with Plug and Play design. The adapter supports all existing
IDE/ATAPI devices such as a CD-ROM, CD-RW, DVD-ROM and
2.5 and 3.5 IDE and SATA hard drives."

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=2020-OTB&cpc=RECOM

Currently $14.95 but I caught them on special for about $12 when
I bought a pair of them. They work, though the power brick might
be a bit wimpy for older, amp hungry drives. YMMV

Geeks.com has lots of other useful and/or geeky peripherals
if it makes sense to add a couple small items in order to
make the minimum shipping charge worthwhile.

peace
aaron