[ale] Ubuntu 9.04 upgrade

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Fri Apr 24 15:16:21 EDT 2009

On Fri, 24 Apr 2009, Chris Fowler wrote:

> How has the upgrade been for people?
>
> I did an upgrade 8.10 -> 9.04.  I've seen the following issues
>
> 1.  Bad sounds in pidgin.
>
> In pidgin instead of getting the ding when a person sends me a message I
> get partial ding or even a tiny bit of static on my speakers.  Sometimes
> I get the ding.
>
> 2.  i had to reboot today because evolution was not responding when I
> would click 'Reply'.  I killed evo and then started it back.  No help.
> Had to reboot.

I just did a fresh install on an old HP pavillion, and an HP TX1120 laptop
and so far, its all working. The upgraded NVidia control panel, for the
first time ever on my laptop, worked perfectly at detecting my external
monitors and projector.  WooHoo.

I consider fresh installs a good time to backup my system and start fresh. :)