[ale] Anybody using a *nix server to stream to an xbox 360?

David W. Millians millia at panix.com
Thu Apr 23 21:56:39 EDT 2009

justin caratzas wrote:
> I've been having *pretty good* success streaming from a Ubuntu-powered
> MediaTomb server to a PS3.  MediaTomb does a decent job adhering to the
> dlna protocol.  The web admin interface isn't the greatest, but once you
> setup automagically inode updating, you never need to use it.

Sadly, MediaTomb doesn't play nice with the 360. The interface was fine,
but it just doesn't work with it yet.

Robert L. Harris wrote:
 >    I'm using an ubuntu system (recently was debian rebuilt to ubuntu)
 > running Twonky
 > Media Server.  Works great.  Not free, $30, but streams videos, music
 > and even
 > pics.  http://www.twonkymedia.com

Yeah, I was hoping for free; I can do it for free with Windows. Used to
actually.

So, the question again sorta different: anybody out there connecting to
a mythtv server with their 360? That's the path I've been trying recently...