[ale] HOW2 choose an organizer/phone ?

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Wed Apr 22 14:02:51 EDT 2009

David M Lemcoe Jr. wrote:

> Jerald Sheets wrote:
>> Wow, man..
>>
>> I've got two teens, one with an iPhone and one with a 3G handset, my
>> own iPhone, 1300 minutes, family shared minutes/data for the iPhones
>> and unlimited MediaNET for the handset, and only pay about 150/mo.
>>  Are you utilizing extra services?
>> On Apr 20, 2009, at 10:52 AM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

>>> The individual per-item costs are not necessarily a good way to
>>> compare usability.  In my experience, having (over a 2 year period)
>>> paid for both an iPhone and a Blackberry (both with unlimited data)
>>> saw that the Blackberry was consistently cheaper over all.   The
>>> iPhone averaged $150/mo (service+data+features) and the Blackberry
>>> averaged $130/mo (service+data+features).
>>>
> Interesting. Our family (3 handsets and myself) with unlimited
> messaging and 1400 minutes with me being the only with the $30 data
> plan, goes to about 160/170.

Hmm... I'm very interested in this, too.  Choosing the best plan for
your money seems to be something of a black art.  I have seven lines
(four handsets, two smartphones, and a broadband card).  For many years
I was on the Sprint Family plan with 2000 shared minutes and unlimited
texting, which is no longer offered, and which cost me about $400/mo.
It really looks like the Sprint Everything Family plan should bring
that down to the $225 range, but I'm bumfuzzled by all the BS taxes
and fees that get ladled on, and until I get my first bill under the
"Everything" plan I have no idea whether I'm really gonna save any
money or not :-(((

-- JK

PS Many acres of ALE footers trimmed for your reading pleasure...

--
A closed mouth gathers no feet.