[ale] [OT] rights and wrongs [politics] (was Re: Linux apparently illegal in MA)

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Mon Apr 20 16:11:51 EDT 2009

A long time ago, (20.04.09), in a galaxy far, far away, Michael B. Trausch...:

:=And a better example is businesses:  If a business chooses to permit
:=smoking, one has the freedom to not go, or go and accept it.  If a
:=business doesn't choose to permit smoking, then smokers have the
:=freedom to not go, or go and accept it.
:=
:=On one of my recent trips up north I ate at a restaurant in Michigan
:=where business owners still had that freedom.  It was refreshing.

In Georgia a business owner has the freedom to allow smoking in their
establishment as long as everyone who patronizes that establishment can
actually smoke.  Seems reasonable to me that, if it is illegal for someone
to legally participate in first-hand smoking it is reasonable to prevent
them from participating in second-hand smoking.  But I guess I'm one of
those folks who actually cares about how the kids of today are raised (even
if they aren't mine).

And, to follow Michael's example, this will be my last word on the subject
so any responses to disagree with my opinion will be ignored ;-)

--
Dylan Northrup - docx at io.com - http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's