[ale] was-> HOW2 choose an organizer/phone ? -> which phones/svc permit computer connection & @DSL rates ?

Mon Apr 20 14:20:27 EDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Geoffrey <lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
>> I know Blackberries already do it, and it's about 30-40/mo extra.
>
> Why bother, at that price, you can get a separate usb device to do that
> same thing.

Indeed.

I'll add a few things. I've managed to get my BB 8820 to tether
without a tethering plan (not exactly kosher with the networks). Also,
if you use a GSM carrier (and I highly recommend it for this very
reason) you may consider purchasing a USB mobile network device from
Ebay. Then you can choose when you would like to remove the sim card
from your phone and put it in the USB device. No additional charges,
just two different ways to use your service, but never both at the
same time.

.!# RichardBronosky #!.