[ale] HOW2 choose an organizer/phone ?

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Mon Apr 20 12:24:20 EDT 2009

After reading all the comments on the ideal organizer, it becomes clear
that different people have different views of what is ideal, simply
because they have different work arrangements and want more or less
horsepower on their belt and each person's view is "right" for them.

My view is that I would like the basic appointments, meetings, phone
list, and todo list on the phone device.   Being able to check emails
would be nice, but for most of what I do, reading an email on a tiny
screen just isn't giving it justice.  Knowing that some urgent email
exists is about all I need to know from the phone/PDA.

When we're on the road, we use a Cradlepoint CD-350 to tether my wife's
RAZR phone.   That provides internet access to all the computers in the
vehicle.   The key advantage is that I pay Verizon $2/day for just the
days that I need it.  Not $60/month, and we're out of the office a small
fraction of that.   No contracts, no extra costs.    Then I can use a
real computer (HP notebook with 17" screen and Ubuntu and Evolution) to
actually see what I'm doing.

Maybe it's being over 50, but trying to do much on teeny tiny little
screens seems futile.

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd