[ale] Headless, Consoleless, DVDless, NetInstall? was: Fedora NetInstall via USB Drive

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sat Apr 18 20:24:28 EDT 2009

Richard Bronosky wrote:
> I checked out OpenVZ (not that using it is an option at my current
> company) and it looks very interesting. Unfortunately, the wiki at
> openvz.org is full of broken English that creates a lot of ambiguity.
> What I was hoping to find out is if the chroot-y single kernel nature
> of it makes in vulnerable to having a crash of one EV take down the
> rest.
>
> .!# RichardBronosky #!.

I've been helping clean up the english.  The authors are mostly Russian.

As for your question, absolutely not.  There's pretty much nothing
running on a VE that will affect the host at all.  Each VE has its own
limits on memory, processes disk etc.  It uses native I/O and so unlike
some of the other products, the I/O is not impacted by being
"virtualized".  The individual VEs are very isolated from each other and
the host.    There are a number of VPS vendors running OpenVZ or as Mike
said, Virtuoso.

Jim.