[ale] Fedora NetInstall via USB Drive?

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 10:26:32 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 9:52 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 08:24 -0400, Marc Ferguson wrote:
> > Hey Folks,
> >
> > I'm looking for a howto or some information on doing a NetInstall of
> > Fedora using a USB drive.  Call me crazy, but I'm getting tired of
> > burning DVDs - only to have them sit and stale in a spindle.  So; I
> > did a NetInstall of Fedora 10 x86_64 (when it came out) and I loved
> > the process.  I don't remember the LONG URL the guy from the IRC
> > channel gave me.
> >
> > I think I need to download and then copy n paste a .img file to my USB
> > drive and I should be good to go.  If that's not the process then
> > please help.  Thanks.
>

> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f10/en_US/sn-making-media.html#id3163538
>
> poc

Thanks fellas.  I got the USB to boot.  So now I just need to write down the
long url to start the fedora 11 install process. Oh happy day!  Man I didn't
realize how bad I'd miss Linux until I started working with this Windows
system again.

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"