[ale] Noscript found a couple of scripts I didn't write.

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Apr 16 06:46:37 EDT 2009

Jim Lynch wrote:
> I have developed an ajax app using Dojo and php to support a club I
> belong to.  It's been up and running for a short while but when I went
> to it today, the FF plugin noscript asked if I wanted to permit
> imiclk.com and abmr.com to run scripts on that page.
>
> Where the dickens did those scripts come from and how'd they get linked
> in my page?
>
> I did a search of my code and I find no references to them.  By what
> magic did they get involved in my site?
>
> Any suggestions as to where I should look or what's going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

The problem seems to have gone away.   I was going to set up a user so I
could give it out to Mike and after I changed the password, the problem
disappeared.  I had cleared cookies and cache a few times before that
and it had not helped the problem.  There are only 4 tables involved and
they are small, a browse of those tables showed nothing out of the
ordinary.  There are tables in other databases, but nothing in my sql
touches them.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but since it's no longer a problem I
don't have anything to troubleshoot.

I did have some other tabs open to other sites, is it possible that
another site contaminated FF viewing my site?  Or is it possible
Noscript was reporting from another page?    I didn't try killing off FF
and trying again, which in retrospect I probably should have done.  I'll
know next time if there is a next time.

Thanks again,
Jim.