[ale] Basic Laptop for presentations question

Wed Apr 15 12:37:24 EDT 2009

I'm pretty sure it was a T60. I know that is was Intel everything
(cpu, video, wireless). My issues (from memory of early 2007)
included:
  hibernate/suspend
  power management/battery life
  dual head without reboot [1] [2]
  finger print scanner
  extra/media keys
  video playback weirdness after getting dual head to work

[1] Luckily at MySQLConf07 Stewart Smith http://www.flamingspork.com/
introduced me to Jeff Waugh http://bethesignal.org/about/ who along
with Ross Burton http://burtonini.com/ and Keith Packard
http://keithp.com/ got me working. That's a lot of fire power required
for such a common need.
[2] I interviewed 70+ of Linux laptop toters are the conference and
only 3 of them could use an external display without rebooting. JW was
the only one who knew what he did to make it happen.

.!# RichardBronosky #!.