[ale] Basic Laptop for presentations question

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Wed Apr 15 10:43:53 EDT 2009

knetworkmanager works great for me in 11.1.  I still don't like the functionality compared to what it was in 10.3.  I considered the 10.3 knetwork functionality to be ideal.  It didn't really work in 11.0 until several months after the release.

KDE4 has an extremely long way to go before I could consider it as a daily use desktop.
I'd rate command line to be a more useful desktop at this point...

This creates a real dilemma, as I get an allergic reaction any time I try to use Gnome.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer at gmail.com> 4/15/2009 09:03 AM >>>
With OpenSUSE 11.1 wireless works fine for me (via the knetworkmanager
app)  .    But I understand I'm one of the lucky ones.  One of the
devs said he is going to work heavily on knetworkmanager for the 11.2
release.  So hopefully it should be in good shape by fall.

FYI: I think knetworkmanager is currently a kde3 app.  Part of what is
needed is moving it to kde4 and apparently lots of bug fixing.