[ale] Basic Laptop for presentations question

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Apr 13 15:46:57 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 15:18 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> All,

> I've never done a demo via linux before.

> I have my laptop dual booting and from windows I can just function F8
> (I think) and the display gets duplicated to the external VGA
> connector.

> How do I do that for Linux?  (KDE4 if it matters)

	It might depend on your laptop.  If the external projector is already
hooked up when X-Windows comes up, it should pretty much autodetect
unless you've got a really old distro.  Hook it up to an external
monitor and test it out.  If it works with an external monitor properly,
it'll work with a projector.

> Thanks

	Mike