[ale] Basic Laptop for presentations question

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Apr 13 15:43:48 EDT 2009

Greg Freemyer wrote:
> All,
>
> I've never done a demo via linux before.
>
> I have my laptop dual booting and from windows I can just function F8
> (I think) and the display gets duplicated to the external VGA
> connector.
>
> How do I do that for Linux?  (KDE4 if it matters)

Based on my experiences, I'd have to say that it depends on the hardware
support for the laptop.  I've had the following experiences:

1. Hooked up the projector and the function key worked under Linux as well
2. I had to connect the projector before booting.
3. Couldn't get it to work at all.

So I'd say, give it a try and see what happens.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin