[ale] Praises for TaxAct (was Re: Online taxes for Linux)

Kenneth Ratliff lists at noctum.net
Sun Apr 12 12:51:05 EDT 2009

On Apr 12, 2009, at 12:09 PM, dhhoward at comcast.net wrote:
> I concur: companies that make sure Linux and FOSS are supported
> deserve our kudos.

Well, at this point, I think that any site which won't support FireFox
at least is probably shooting themselves in the foot. One of the
vendors I use for test prep software offers a web based version of
their software, and I was ecstatic at that... until I tried to load it
in firefox. Oops, it uses apx.

I sent off a rather lengthy and angry letter explaining how much I
didn't appreciate being forced to boot a VM just to use their product.