[ale] Can't use public IP on local network

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 00:07:45 EDT 2009

The simplest solution is to define the hosts in your /etc/hosts
file[1]. If you don't want to do that, I believe you'll need to add
some DNAT[2] rules to your firewall script. Look for requests to
example.com originating from within your network and forward them to
the proper box behind the firewall. I could be wrong about that,
though. It has been a while since I've written any iptables rules.

[1] -- http://tinyurl.com/2v9anm
[2] -- http://tinyurl.com/yc4jlf

--
James Sumners