[ale] Online taxes for Linux

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Sat Apr 11 09:56:37 EDT 2009

FYI, My wife wanted some tax software and now that she's using Ubuntu on
her laptop, was disappointed to find that TurboTax doesn't support
Linux.  I found several posts that TaxAct (an online tax application,
state and federal package costs $16.95), but when I went to their web
site, no mention of Linux support.  So I called them, and they confirmed
that their software worked fine with Linux.  We're going to try to do
our taxes today, so I'll post a followup on how easy/difficult it was.

Best, Daniel