[ale] skipping/bypassing print dialog

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Apr 8 20:25:15 EDT 2009

For a special purpose "kiosk" running Ubuntu (8.10) { actually Eeebuntu
on an Asus Eee Top }  - I would like to disable the print dialog box.
It prints what are essentially receipts, and does that well.
But having to click [Print] the second time from the printer dialog box
seems to be a redundant step in this special case.

I've been googling, check cups.org.. looked at the config files
on the system.. I just don't know much about printing from Linux.
I rarely do it it, and it "just works" when I do need it, my former
education in print.conf and lpd seems to have vanished.