[ale] LDAP Server

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:31:28 EDT 2009

On Apr 7, 2009, at 11:17 AM, Brandon Colbert
<colbert.brandon at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I been tasked to setup a fail-over ldap solution at work. We have
> one running openldap. I wanted to get everyone opinion on the
> difference between OpenLDAP, CentOS-DS, Fedora-DS, and Redhat-DS.
>
> If you had your choice, which one will you use?
>

> FYI: In the near future we will tie samba and radius with ldap.

Do you want support?  Red Hat DS
Do you want the stability of RH DS, but no support?  CentOS DS, it's
built from the Red Hat sources like the distro.
Do you want no support, no cost, and the latest and greatest
improvements? Fedora DS, it's the upstream for RH DS, and therefore
also CentOS DS.

I know a guy on IRC (freenode #rhel) who is using samba + freeradius
for a fairly sizable deployment.  If no one else gives you some
pointers, you might ask him about it.  His nick is rigeld2.

-Scott