[ale] [OT] DTV reception

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 10:56:37 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 10:08 AM,  <krwatson at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

> I'm up for that. I have a box I have been working on that I can't seem to get to work. MythTV (Mythbuntu) sees my >video capture card but when I try to capture video it says it's not installed.

What card is it? Not being able to capture video is an important part
of MythTV  -- or so I hear :)

>I also have to figure out how to get it to use the serial port to switch channels on my Tivax.

I think I have a couple of USB to serial cables around -- the kind
with a Linux compatible chip inside. Is there a channel changing
script for Tivax?

Uhm, what's Tivax?

I'd like to see what this VPDAU can do. It certainly sounds good.

H. Preston