[ale] linux email solution that supports exchange calendar access

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Apr 3 12:20:53 EDT 2009

I guess I need to clarify the problem.  Tenn location has an exchange
server all their users access email, do calendaring via outlook to this
exchange server.

What we want to do is implement a Linux mail server at the client site
that supports calendaring whereby a Linux based client can view calendar
data (free/busy) for users hosted on the exchange server.

Emails destined for the client site would be forwarded to the Linux mail
server at the client site.

The problem is the politics involved dictate that the solution can not
require all the Outlook users to change the configuration of their
Outlook client in order to make this work.

I know I'm likely looking for the 'holy grail' here, but those are the
issues we are dealing with.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin