[ale] [OT] Unlocked GSM phone

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Apr 3 07:09:00 EDT 2009

Adam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a really old AT&T Blue wireless SIM that is on a really old voice
> plan that I don't want to change, because it's alot cheaper than what
> AT&T offers now.
>
> Unfortunately, my Nokia 3200B finally ate it, and I'm in the market for
> an unlocked GSM phone I can drop my SIM in.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with unlocked cell phone purchasing that
> could recommend a seller? I have no need for any bells and whistles. I'd
> like the cheapest, simplest phone that can send and receive calls.

In the past, I have purchased one of the 'pay as you go' phones and
simply swapped the sim cards.  Just make sure you purchase a phone that
is on an AT&T plan, I think they are called the 'go' phone.

You get them pretty cheap because they expect you to pay out the ass for
the minutes.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin