[ale] OT: Comcast and digital TV

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Apr 2 09:10:24 EDT 2009

> PS. If you ask for their cheapest plan they will try to tell you it is
> ~$25. You have to argue with them and tell them that you know there is
> a limited plan for under $10 and they are legal obligated to allow you
> to subscribe to it.

Because I moved 90% of my gear to downtown offices.. and my wife and I
don't watch TV, my comcast bill is now about $35 per month for channels
1-13 (so I can get the local news sometimes) and some cheap version of
"broadband". I can watch Hulu.com, MiroTV.. but since NetFlix went
SilverLight...no longer watch it online, but we do still do the NetFlix
movie thing.