[ale] OT: Comcast and digital TV

Thu Apr 2 08:23:59 EDT 2009

2. Fact. To get all of the channels you pay for, you must rent a box.
This especially stinks for me because I have taken the time to fish
wires through my walls and hang my flat panel televisions on the wall
as they are always shown in the ads. But, now you have to place the
stupid Comcast box somewhere. Why? For no reason other than the fact
that they encrypt about half of all of their digital offerings. It is
really arbitrary how they do it too. ESPN, MTV, VH1 and dozens of
channels I wish I did NOT get... non-encrypted. PBS Kids Sprout...
Encrypted. It's a load of carp! It's really gotten to the point where
it's easier to get your TV (either legally or nefariously) over the
net than to fight it all. I gave up on my MythTV because of DTV and
HDTV. I have dropped to the 8.95 limited basic cable plan to keep from
paying an inflated price for my internet.

PS. If you ask for their cheapest plan they will try to tell you it is
~$25. You have to argue with them and tell them that you know there is
a limited plan for under $10 and they are legal obligated to allow you
to subscribe to it.

.!# RichardBronosky #!.