[ale] Any Lua users out there?

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 10:12:45 EDT 2008

Anyone out there done any lua ( http://www.lua.org )? I'm 'specially curious
about windowing library bindings, such as wxlua (
http://wxlua.sourceforge.net/ ) or lua-gtk ( http://lua-gtk.luaforge.net/ ).
Lua is popular for video games, and a modified lua engine ships in the
client for World of Warcraft.

I spent a good part of the last few weeks reading Roberto Ierusalimschy's
_Programming_In_Lua_,  although my access to an actual lua interpreter was
limited at best.

Google shows some (limited) work on lua scripting for the Nokia N810
"Hildon" window manager, and there's hints that it'd be an interesting
project for the OLPC as well.   The wxwidgets guy seems to have played with
lua on an N770, but nobody's actually made a package for it near's I can
tell. Making a text-based lua interpreter package for Maemo would be pretty
easy, and I'll try that in the near future.  There's probly an ALE talk in
here somewheres, and maybe some other chances to add to the CV as well.

-- CHS