[ale] comcast drops usenet

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Tue Sep 23 00:26:15 EDT 2008

2008/9/22 Joshua Kite <jwkite at gmail.com>:
> No.  I've been paying for the 8mb service for quite a while now, but I
> didn't see that email.  Not that I really need any more download speed right
> now.  My most recent speedtest.net test reads 26013kbps down.  Yes, I know
> that's not a true test, but it usually gives a good indication of how my
> overall service is working.
>
> What's the upload that's being offered with that service?

Well, it's an HTML email... not sure how well that would fwd.  The
small print is:

   Additional $10 monthly price based on upgrade from Comcast
Performance 6.0 Mbps Service to
   Comcast Performance PLUS 8.0 Mbps Service (or Blast! 16 Mbps
Service, where available).
   Price shown does not include taxes. PowerBoost provides bursts of
download and upload speeds
   for the first 20 MB and 10 MB of a file respectively. Many factors
affect speed. Actual speeds vary
   and are not guaranteed. Cable modem required. Pricing and services
subject to change. Call for
   restrictions and complete details.

Interestingly, there is no upload specifics... so I would assume it's
just a download increase.

-Jim P.