[ale] Backup strategies

Stephen Benjamin skbenja at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 15:36:21 EDT 2008

You're right, they are over $500...around $700-$800.  We bought one a year
or two ago for about that so I figured they were cheaper now.  The one
vendor selling it for less I have bought from before, actually.

http://www.txcesssurplus.com/servlet/the-2283/Dell-PowerVault-122T-VS80/Detail

Although, tape solutions can be sub $1000 if done right and is still likely
cheaper and more reliable than the USB drives.  I do like disk storage
though for quick access, nice to have on site when a developer wipes out
something by mistake in production.