[ale] WARNING - RANT Re: Comcast Caps Data at 250G/Month

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Sep 8 08:25:57 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 08:16:45AM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> I've been assuming all along that you would simply see an additional
> charge for the overage on your bill, as in when my daughter exceeds her
> text message limit on her cell.   Are you saying they would simply tell
> you they were going to terminate your service?

The first time, they will call you to tell you that you have crossed the
limit.  The second time, they will terminate your service for a year.
See Comcast's FAQ document regarding "excessive use", specifically, the
question "How does Comcast help customers who have been identified as
excessive users?" ("help", my ass):

 http://tinyurl.com/5er8qw [help.comcast.net]
 http://preview.tinyurl.com/5er8qw

   HTH,