[ale] OT: Google releases new OS browser - CHROME

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Sep 5 09:13:39 EDT 2008

I like Google as a search engine and play with some of their other tools
from time to time but I'm a little leery of letting them have the
browser.  It's much like I felt when Oracle came out with OEL (so called
Oracle Unbreakable Linux).   Giving any one company too much control of
what you do just begs for M$ style abuses.  One has to wonder why they
decided to make their own rather than suggest improvements to Firefox
which they have been supporting.