[ale] Recent events with RH/Fedora servers.

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Sep 2 14:54:52 EDT 2008

Also the official notice I got said they think it only affected some
RHEL4 and RHEL5 - it didn't mention Fedora but then it again RHN alerts
are aimed at RHEL subscribers so they might have just left it out.

The link for this on RedHat's site is:

http://www.redhat.com/security/data/openssh-blacklist.html

There is another link on RHN itself but you need a login to access the
other one.

In the above link (and alert I got) it says in part:

"we remain highly confident that our systems and processes prevented the
intrusion from compromising RHN or the content distributed via RHN and
accordingly believe that customers who keep their systems updated using
Red Hat Network are not at risk"

It was that statement that led me to believe no one using RHN would have
been affected.