[ale] Recommendations for XML/HTML suites?

Tim Watts timtw at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 31 15:24:26 EDT 2008

Hi Scott,

You might want to ask this question on the Atlanta Java User's Group also
(ajug.org). The topic always pops up periodically and usually gets a lively
round of discussion. It's about time for that to happen again :-)

I would give Eclipse another look. It just had a new release recently and they
always seem to make quantum improvements each time. It's my platform of
choice and still has a strong, vibrant community as far as I can tell.

If your goal is to be a viable web app developer then be sure to pick up some
AJAX skills too (dojo, Google etc.) AJAX is now baseline for any new web
applications.

On Friday 31 October 2008 2:27 pm, Scott Denlinger wrote:
> I'm interested in ramping up my xml/html web authoring skills, and I'd like
> to know if any of you care to make a recommendation on authoring
> environments. At one point I had an early version of Eclipse loaded up and
> I messed around with that for a while, and I've also taken a brief glance
> at Bluefish. The fact that I'm interested in learning JSP makes me think
> that Eclipse might be a better choice, given the plugins feature, but I've
> also heard that people are starting to move away from it. Are there other
> options I should consider (besides vi/emacs, which I already use)? Can
> someone make a compelling argument to prefer one over the other?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Scott Denlinger

It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.
    Abraham Lincoln